BHIM App How to Download & use it and all you need to know about Narendra Modi’s BHIM app
BHIM App app For Digital Payments Launched How to Download and Use 2017.Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a mobile payment app– BHIM, while addressing the audience at the Digi-Dhan Mela in New Delhi’s Talkatora Stadium. The app is called Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) has been launched to facilitate e-transactions in the country.Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone. BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). BHIM is made in India and dedicated to the service of the nation.
“Launch of the BHIM App is significant. In addition to his role in making of the Constitution, Dr Ambedkar was also a great economist. His thesis offers significant insights of various economic issues,” Modi said while launching the app.BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money, an Android app which is packed with UPI and USSD based payment facility at one place. The app has some mind blowing features like fingerprint authentication. So below we are going to elaborate what is BHIM app and how to use it for payment.
PM Narendra Modi launches ‘Paytm-rival’ BHIM app Download For Android, iphone – How To Install & Send/ Transfer, Receive Money in BHIM UPI
With BHIM you can send and receive money, check your balance and even create a custom payment address. As of now, the app is available in Hindi and English. However, the government will be adding more languages soon. You can make a maximum transaction of Rs 10,000 in a single go. However, the maximum transaction limit within 24 hours has been set to Rs 20,000.Government of India has launched a gift under which for the next 100 days, every day 15,000 people will win prizes through lucky draw. Today we also had a draw for the Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana. This will happen once a week. This is to support the Cashless transaction in India.
How to use Download & Register on Bhim App
- Go to play store using this link.
- Click on Install and wait for download to complete.
- Once installed open the app.
- Select the prefered language among english and hindi.
- Click on NEXT.
- Again click on NEXT
- If it asks for permissions, click allow.
- Tap on “let’s get started”.
- Now verify your mobile number.
- Make sure that mobile number to get verified is in your phone. Also note same number should be registered with your bank.
- Select the sim card in case you have a dual sim mobile.
- Click on next.
- Your mobile number will be automatically verified.
- Enter a 4 digit pass-code.
- Confirm the 4 digit pass-code.
- Select your bank.
- You will get a list of bank accounts registered with the number and bank you selected.
- Select the bank account you want to use with this app.
Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
Hindi and English. More languages coming soon!
Supported Banks on BHIM App
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
How to Send / Receive Money with BHIM App
1) To Send money or receive money from friends, family and customers/users enter mobile number or payment address. Example- [email protected]
2) Also QR Code Method: You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
3) Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID.
4) Enter your amount which you want to send to another person.
5) Click on yes button. Your fund will be transferred to those person which you want to send.
6) Transaction Limits: Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
What is Bharat Interface for Money?
Bharat Interface for Money is an app that lets you make easy and quick payment transactions using UPI. Its easier than Wallets! You will not have to fill-out those tedious bank account details again and again. You can easily make direct bank to bank payments and instantly collect money using just Mobile number or Payment address.
How BHIM App Works ?
Register your bank account with BHIM, and set a UPI PIN for the bank account. Your mobile number is your payment address (PA), and you can simply start transacting. Yes! It is that simple.
Send / Receive Money: Send money to or receive money from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
Check Balance: You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
Custom Payment Address: You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
BHIM app launched by Narendra Modi 10 Important Points
- BHIM, or Bharat Interface for Money, is an e-wallet app launched by the Government of India today. It is considered to be an improved and advanced version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data).
- BHIM is compatible with all types of smartphones. According to reports, it is initially available for Androids, but it would soon be extended to other iOS platforms as well.
- The application based upon Aadhaar. The UID number would be linked to the user of application.
- “In the next 20 days, a new security feature would would be introduced in the application, which would only need fingerprint. No internet would be required. Not even your phone would be required. Only the fingerprint,” Modi added.
- Prime Minister Modi claimed that BHIM app would be readily adopted for digital transactions by the people due to its simplistic use. He further added the in future, cash would be replaced by BHIM for all transactions.
- PM Modi dedicated this application to Dalit icon Dr Bhimrao Babasaheb Ambedkar. “When the world will initially look into this – some will think of Mahabharata’s Bhim. They they will know about Babasaheb Ambedkar. He was not only a great political leader, but an economist as well.”
- After the fingerprint features is introduced, even the mobile phones would not be required for transactions. Shopkeepers, merchants would need to purchase the biometric reader (available for Rs 2,000) and get it connected with their smartphones. At the point of transaction, customers would need to use their thumb impressions to complete the transactions.
- As of now, nearly 40 crore bank accounts have been linked with the Aadhaar number. Almost half of the adult population is still remaining.
- Another huge advantage of the app is that it would eliminate the high service charge deducted by card companies like Visa, Mastercard or other service providers.
- the shopkeeper’s phone, the customer types in her Aadhaar number and chooses her bank. Then, the shopkeeper uses the fingerprint reader for instant confirmation to complete the payment. The customer don’t need to carry her Aadhar card, or use a phone, only the merchant needs these.
How To Use BHIM App For Digital Payments
You can send money using BHIM app by two methods. First method is the phone number or the payment address of the recipient. Make sure that recipient is registered with UPI.
Second method is by entering the recipient name, account number and bank IFSC code.
You can request money from anyone using two methods. One is by entering the mobile number or payment address. Second method is by generating a QR code for a particular amount.
Scan and Pay
BHIM app allows users to generate a QR code which can be scanned by other users to make payments.
About BHIM App answered
What is the transaction limit?
Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
My bank is not in the list?
The banks listed are registered for UPI. If you can’t find your bank in the list, it means that the bank has not yet registered for UPI.
How much time transaction process takes?
It takes place within seconds.
Are there any charges to use BHIM App?
There are no charges for making transaction through Bharat Interface for Money.
Note – Your bank might however levy a nominal charge as UPI or IMPS transfer fee which is not under our control. Please check with your bank for more details.
Is it available for all platforms?
Bharat Interface for Money app is currently available on Android (Version 4.1.1 and above) and iOS mobiles (Version 5 and above).
They may soon launch it for other platforms as well.
Tags:- BHIM App, BHIM App Download Now, BHIM App How To Register, BHIM App How To Use, BHIM App How To Download,any charges to use BHIM App,How To Use BHIM App For Digital Payments,BHIM app launched by Narendra Modi 10 Important Points ,Supported Banks on BHIM App,BHIM App How to Download & use it and all you need to know about Narendra Modi’s BHIM app,How To Install & Send/ Transfer, Receive Money in BHIM UPI,BHIM App Launched By PM Modi – How To Use, Download, Register Full Guide,How to Send / Receive Money with BHIM App,BHIM app you can send money, receive money or make payments for your purchases by simply scanning a QR code,BHIM App – How to Download and Use,Here is 10 Important Points in Bhim App,BHIM App Supported banks,Allahabad Bank,Andhra Bank,Axis Bank,Bank of Baroda,Bank of India,Bank of Maharashtra,Canara Bank,Overseas Bank,Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
(Visited 124 times, 1 visits today)